Monday, July 28, 2008

On the First Day

Today was the first full day of our wonderful Sweet Water retreat. Starting at 9:30 a.m, we entered the Game Room and played different games on 4 different types of gaming systems. On the XBox, we played Halo which was a little hard, but fun once you got the gist on aiming and shooting ability. On the game cube we played Smash Brothers where we got to play against 3 other people and fight a lot. The character I mostly chose was Bowser because he was one of the biggest creatures and he looked like a ginormous porcupine. I played Mortal Kombat on the Playstation and was surprise by how easy it is to win when you press random buttons. On the Wii, I played MonkeyBall which was a tad hard depending on which game you selected.

After lunch, we came back to the Game Room and got into groups to discuss the suspected target audiences of each game and how women were portrayed, if they were, and how that may influence the gamer's thoughts and ideas. All in all I thought today was a very interesting day. I got to play games I had never played before and lose at Guitar Hero.

No comments: