Monday, July 28, 2008

First Day of Gaming

Before coming here, I never had full access to Guitar Hero, Wii, Halo, etc. Having a whole day specifically set out to 'game' is pretty much amazing.
It's definitely a new and different experience seeing the gaming world, because I've never been a "gamer". During the school year, I'm so caught up in homework and extracurricular stuff that I don't have time to play Guitar Hero and what not. We had a discussion today about what audience the companies gear their games towards, and it was interesting because it's mostly towards guys ages 15-22. Even though most games are violent, there are some that appeal to girls, like Wii. My favorite was Wii because it was active and forced you to move around a bit. I definitely don't like the 'guy' games (basically the ones with all the violence and blood). It's interesting to see the different characters and the different cheat codes on the various games. Some people are so good at it that they don't even think twice about the cheat codes.
Overall, today was fun and I can't wait to start Second Life and see what it's all about. I'll admit I'm a little skeptical of the purpose of having a "Second Life", but I'm definitely open to learning more about it.

No comments: