Monday, July 28, 2008

Analyzing Our Games

Hey there everyone!!
This is the first blog that I've ever done so just bear with me okay?

So today the we the ITgirl girls spent most of the morning playing video games. We then discussed these games further and came up with our own opinions about the games themselves and some issues that the games bring up.

I'll go over each game one by one and tell you what thoughts came to me.

First off I'll talk about the Game cube game Super Smash Bros Melee.
It's got to be my favorite of today because I'm a huge Nintendo girl.

The game is, in my opinion, a game that is built for all ages and genders. It has characters to fit all personalities as well, from the the hardcore alien-killer Samus, to the adorable but powerful electric mouse Pikachu.
You could be a little girl or an old man and you will still enjoy yourself.

Smash Bros does have it own down falls though...
Though quirky and fun, the random items and weapons that fall from nowhere can be difficult to take full advantage of. And though it is fun to see the characters get chucked in all directions, the camera movement can get really ridiculous.
In all the chaos and color it can be hard to see what you are doing in general. But when the camera suddenly shoots back about a hundred feet when Bowser gets sent flying, it's almost impossible to tell who's dot is who's.

The other game that I really enjoyed today was Mortal Kombat Armageddon.
Now I've never really been into Mortal Kombat before, mostly because of unpleasant experiences as a little kid, but I'm older and it was a whole lot of fun.
I personally would had turned the blood level down a notch but whatever. The graphics aren't that great anyway, it just looks like red gooey jelly.

I did have fun though, that's one of the cool things about Mortal Kombat.
You don't have to have ANY clue what you're doing to play.

As many people have said over the years, "JUST PRESS BUTTONS!!"

But I did get pretty good at it (Ashrah pwns). And the interactive environments are really cool.
But (and I KNOW that this has been brought up before) what is up with the chicks in this game??
I know they have to be muscular, but the clothes are so skimpy!! As if a death fighter would actually wear a thong and belly shirt (another reason why Ashran rocks... she actually wears clothes).

Well I've got to go, but I'll be back to with Analyzing Our Games part 2.

No comments: